I was inspired by Wendy Griffiths this morning to write this blog. I was telling her that I had been inspired to really get my house in order and she confessed that she had the same feeling. Synergy eh? She said “That’s a title for a blog post” and so I said “I’ll write it.”
I stopped consulting at the end of May and found that I didn’t really want to do any more in the way that I was doing it. There was a voice in my head saying “Get your house in order”. This wasn’t so much about my physical house, it was and is about my life in general. I run two businesses as well as my own brand, I have a husband (whom I work extensively with) and two kids, I mentor several young people and have a great friendship group. There is also a household to run, so life can get very busy. I realised that in order to take my life to the next level I need to shape up in more ways that one.
So here is what I am doing to clear out and get my house in order:
- Health – I’ve taken on a personal trainer and committed to caring for my body. I am now in the gym 4 – 5 times a week and I am really addressing my eating habits, this has given me more strength and energy.
- Business – I’m ensuring that all of my systems and processes are in place and putting them in writing so that as I outsource functions there is a clear guideline of what needs to be done and how. I’m also ramping up everything that we do ensuring that we are making use of our resources, network and our business offering.
- Finances – I’ve committed to re-reading Dave Ramsey The Total Money Makeover and Suze Orman’s The Courage to be Rich. I’ve recommitted to You Need A Budget and I am working to ensure that I am in the best place to receive the rewards of the work that I am putting in.
- Home – I’m having another clear out and a repaint of some of my rooms, this is continuous.
- Emotional – I’ve committed to doing what I said I would do, asking for what I want, speaking my truths and being myself without apology.
- Family & Friends – to love them unconditionally but hold my boundaries.
So there you go, this is my summer of getting my house in order, so that I can do more and receive more into my life.
Life is a journey not a destination and ever so often you need to stop a moment; clear out the junk and rubbish that has accumulated, clean the windows so that you can see better, check that the vehicle is working properly topping up and dealing with what needs attention, check where you are going and if you are on the right path and then get right on moving along. I guarantee that if you do this at regular intervals your life will be full and free and your impact on your world will be powerful..
Enjoy the journey.