As I get older my understanding of the power of choice is much increased. I look back over my life and can see so many times when I had a choice and didn’t actually believe that I had one. Yet I did, every time all the time.
It’s been amazing to see how when I change my focus and believe that I have the power of choice how I have been able to change my life.
I’ve learned that:
- You don’t have to work where you work, you can look for another job.
- You don’t have to stay broke you can find solutions to get out of it
- You don’t have to live where you live, you can choose to move – yes prices are rising but you can choose to live somewhere completely different in this big bad world.
- You don’t have to accept that where you are is where you will always be, you can change your thoughts and your actions.
- You don’t have to accept that what you have done in the past is all you can do in the future.
- You are not restricted to accept anything and everything that someone else says or does to you. You can say no, you can fight back you can refuse, you can leave. You actually do have a choice.
Whilst choosing something else can have consequences so does staying with your current choice. Choosing different can be painful and difficult but it’s also liberating.
So today regardless of your situation, consider if you can make a different choice and take a different action. The power of choice is yours to use, you just have to choose.